Saturday, February 28, 2009

Daring Bakers

The February 2009 challenge is hosted by Wendy of WMPE's blog and Dharm of Dad ~ Baker & Chef. We have chosen a Chocolate Valentino cake by Chef Wan; a Vanilla Ice Cream recipe from Dharm and a Vanilla Ice Cream recipe from Wendy as the challenge.



These cakes are really yummy. They're light and delicious and chocolatey. The ice cream I made wasn't so good. I couldn't get my freezer cold enough to freeze my ice cream maker's cooling thingie, so it wouldn't set up. I ended up freezing it, but it had little shards of ice in it. The flavor was good, though. I made it cinnamony.

I like the little heart-shaped pan I used, and I thought it was kinda cute doing the two hearts in chocolate and vanilla just like the Tummy and me. It made a nice Valentine's dessert.

3 comments:

Mary said...

chocolate and vanilla like the Tummy and you! How sweet!

breadchick said...

I think ice cream is fine no matter what! and when paired with a cake like that one... well, heaven.

Anonymous said...

sorry you had such a fuss with your ice cream maker. technology can be such a help sometimes and such a bother other times.
at least you have a lovely looking dessert either way!