Saturday, August 28, 2010

Book Club

So.... I love to read. I've always loved to read. I can't remember not reading whenever I had free time. But, since I started teaching, I have trouble making time for it during the school year. So, in an effort to fit in some much needed stress relief in the upcoming school year, I am making a commitment to read some books just for pleasure. And there is nothing about books that is more fun than talking about them with other people who've read them. So, here's the plan:

I'm going to post a book title on the first of each month. Then, I'm going to get a copy of the book and read it. On the 28th of the month, I'm going to post a review / list of questions about the book. If you want to join the book club, all you need to do is
1) Log on and check out what book we're going to read
2) Read the book
3) Email your thoughts / responses to the questions to me at greteljohnson@gmail.com any time before the first of the following month.

I'll post your thoughts as I get them, so that everybody in the club can read what everybody else thinks. I'm happy to take suggestions on books or formats. Just email them to me.

3 comments:

Peggy said...

We are reading "The Story of Edgar Sawtelle" by David Wroblewski

Mary said...

What's the book pick for this month? Please don't pick something by Gabriel García Márquez! I know you love his stuff, but I find him incredibly tedious!

Gretel said...

Mom - I'll have to look for it next time I'm at the library.

Mary - As promised, I didn't.